Friday 13 April 2012

Evaluation Question 3




What have you learned from your audience feedback?



Ultimately the media product must have a positive impact on the audience to be successful and realising this early on I produced an online questionnaire which I posted on a number of sites, including National Writing Month and Script Frenzy, both of which as writing sites for all those over the age of thirteen are highly aware of audiences. In conducting this survey I was able to improve my radio drama for the better in the early stages of planning as it allowed me to take into account what an audience wanted when listening to radio dramas. One change which was made very early on based on their feedback was the genre, having been previously leaning towards something within the horror category I found that this went against the wishes of the listeners, the majority of whom wanted less than serious dramas with aspects of comedy.

This realisation that my target audience for the most part wanted light entertainment from the radio dramas which allowed them to relax has also greatly affected ancillary products I have produced. From their suggestion I have aimed to create products which appear as friendly and fun so that they entertain the reader as well as providing them with the necessary information.

Admittedly though I have received some feedback from my audience I have not received nearly as much as I would have liked, despite having posted requests on a number of websites, however the feedback which I have been given is ultimately very positive. Unfortunately the feedback is lacking in constructive criticism which I feel would have allowed me to have greatly improved my radio drama when taken alongside the original answers to my survey. Despite this I have gained the advantage of increased publicity through the feedback as I found that one individual, who had commented on my website, also posted his approval of Ground Floor Up on the social network Twitter, something which greatly increased my products viewing figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment