Thursday 12 April 2012

Planning: Radio Advert

For the magazine advert for my radio drama, I decided that I wanted to keep the advert as simple as possible. Busy posters and adverts, I feel, often distract from the product and sometimes alienate the reader, something which I wanted to avoid at all costs. Since one of the conventions of adverts of this kind is to keep the text to a bare minimum, I decided that I should keep the information as basic as possible, telling the reader what I was advertising, the title and where and when they could hear it.

Wanting to use imagines in my advert in keeping with common conventions, I have worked at sketching out the compositions of the both the texts and the images for the advert. I was opposed to overlapping text and image since I find that that this difficult and betimes infuriating to read. However, knowing that this might not be the case for the majority, I discussed the situation with a variety of people, most of who agreed that it was easier to read text without the background image, especially if the picture alternated between light and dark which would then compete in some ways with the font no matter its colour.
Below are some rough sketches of composition ideas.










No comments:

Post a Comment